On May 25th, the Michigan Department of Education (MDE) issued a communication to prepare intermediate school districts (ISDs), local education agencies (LEAs), and public school academies (PSAs) about the upcoming Sept. 30 deadline that coincides with the Educator Evaluation Training Grant and the Educator Evaluation Staffing Grant from section 95a of the State School Aid Act, PA94 of 1979.
Information from MEMO #055-17 memo is posted in its entirety below.
Educator Evaluation Training Grant and Educator Evaluation Regional Intermediate School District Staffing Grant
The purpose of this communication is to prepare intermediate school districts (ISDs), local education agencies (LEAs), and public school academies (PSAs) for the upcoming deadlines that coincide with the Educator Evaluation Training Grant and the Educator Evaluation Staffing Grant from section 95a of the State School Aid Act, PA94 of 1979.
The end date and end of expenditure period for both the Educator Evaluation Training Grant and the Educator Evaluation Regional Staffing Grant provided by 95a of the State School Aid Act is the end of the 2017 fiscal year, September 30, 2017.
Last July, a memo was sent out which incorrectly listed the due date for the final report as November 30, 2017. As previously communicated to ISDs via the Regional Liaisons and updates to program materials on the Michigan Department of Education (MDE) webpage, in accordance with Section 18a of PA 94 of 1979, the final project and final expenditure reports for both grants are also due at the end of the 2017 fiscal year, September 30, 2017.
An ISD may contact Jennifer Robel at firstname.lastname@example.org or 517-373-9661 to request an extension beyond the September 30, 2017 deadline to submit the final project and final expenditure report should additional time be needed.
Educator Evaluation Training Grant
The final report for this grant must state the training that was provided, how the training is connected to the use of the evaluation tools, training dates, name(s) of the person(s) providing the training, and verification that all constituent districts and PSAs agreed to the service agreement.
Educator Evaluation Staffing Grant
The final report for this grant must state the name of the ISD that was responsible for hiring staff and providing a description of how the funded position(s) supported educator evaluation training and implementation throughout the region.
The final project and final expenditure report for both grants consist of the following:
- Project narrative with a description of the completed project and perceived outcomes for education delivery, including the information described under the grant programs above.
- Summary of final grant expenditures, including dates of expenditures. Format may be in the form of a copy of a financial account or listing of expenditures.
- Financial narrative that includes information described under the grant programs above.
- Copy of the implemented training calendar.
- Evidence of the completed project, such as copies of invoices, contracts, or photographs. The document related to the final reports can be directly accessed at http://www.michigan.gov/documents/mde/FinalProgressReportEdEvalFunds716_530 040_7.pdf
For additional information on educator evaluations and the financial reports that are due, please visit our website at http://michigan.gov/mde-edevals or send questions to MDE-EdEvals@michigan.gov. cc: Michigan Education Alliance