MASA is hiring a Government Relations Assistant and Policy Analyst. This person will be responsible for assisting the Associate Executive Director for Government Relations with the day-to-day advocacy efforts of state and federal legislative matters.
- Provide support services to the Associate Executive Director including calendar management/scheduling and general clerical duties for the Government Relations department.
- Research and author content for weekly legislative updates and regular newsletters published by the Association.
- Prepare materials for the MASA/MAISA Government and Relations Policy Committee monthly meetings. This includes analyzing pending legislation and summarizing content for committee members, meeting minute preparation, and communication with members regarding agendas and meeting details.
- Track pending state and federal legislation to prepare analyses and summaries for the Associate Executive Director and members of the Association.
- Attend State House, Senate, and Executive Branch hearings as needed.
- Conduct research on education policy trends across many states.
- Maintain the Government Relations website and advocacy tools.
Education and Experience:
Candidates must have a minimum bachelor’s degree in a relevant area. Legislative experience is preferred, but not required. An interest in policy or education is also preferred.
Excellent written and oral skills are required (writing sample required). The ideal candidate will have experience working with technology beyond email and word processing.
Salary and Benefits:
Salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience. MASA offers a comprehensive benefits package.
To apply, click the button below and provide the requested information, including cover letter, resume and writing sample. Applications are due by Sept. 1, 2017.Apply