Coming in 2018: Spark Growth, a new addition to the Horizon Leadership Academy.
This professional development series was created to support central office administrators – the directors of curriculum development, human resources, finance management, special education and more who play a critical role on every district’s leadership team.
Spark Growth is a series of drive-in conferences focused on important topics that support the work of central office administrators, and help these leaders build their skills as they work to strengthen public education and ensure every student gets a high-quality education.
The first drive-in conference is planned for May 7, 2018.
Building a Strong Central Office Team
- Assess your personal characteristics to gain a better understanding of your own personality type
- Learn to structure conversations with school leaders to effect positive change
- Learn to provide honest and respectful feedback to school leaders
- Understand the will/skill continuum to identify the needs of school leaders
- Plan for and manage conversations that ensure professional growth
- Develop leadership plans for consistently providing targeted feedback
- When: 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Monday, May 7, 2018
- Where: MASB Board Room, 1001 Centennial Way, Lansing
- Early bird rate of $150 for those who register by April 7
- Registration increases to $175 after April 7