Take your evaluation tool to the next level
Schools and districts work diligently to develop and implement programs that increase high student academic results. Too often, however, results are not as intended. Effective school improvement planning and evaluation can make the difference between intentional and unintentional results.
That’s why MASA is sponsoring a series of Regional Comprehensive Needs Assessment Workshops to help schools and districts create CNAs.
Attendees will participate in learning, planning, and action sessions featuring tips to help school improvement teams find success in their school improvement process and the resources used for ease of getting started through completion of their CNA to avoid the hurry up push in June.
Why is this important?
Common language embedded in ESSA states that plans must be developed “based upon Comprehensive Needs Assessment” (CNA) findings. Additionally, these workshops will give you the opportunity to better understand and build on your student data to drive positive student growth in your district.
Who should attend?
The Comprehensive Needs Assessment Workshop is designed for school improvement leaders, including:
- Curriculum directors
- Assistant superintendents
- School improvement teams
- Teacher leaders
What will the workshops cover?
Comprehensive Needs Assessment
Comprehensive Needs Assessment Examples
Organize Your Comprehensive Needs Assessment Process
- What and Who – Collection of Data
- Where – Storage of Data
Team Work Time
- Four Types of Data
When will these workshops be held?
The three workshops will be held at locations in both upper and lower Michigan. Details for Upper Michigan dates and locations are TBD. The lower Michigan times, dates and location are:
- February 12, 2018, 8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
- March 22, 2018, 8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
- April 23, 2018, 8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
- Where: Crowne Plaza Hotel, 925 Creyts Road, Lansing, MI 48917
- First person from a school or district to register: $400 for the series if you register before Dec. 31; the price increases to $500 after Dec. 31
- Additional team members: $150 per person for the series
For more information, contact Sara Shriver at (989) 620-5899 or MASA at (517) 327-5910.