Learn and create your school/district comprehensive needs assessment with professional guidance at a three-session series starting in November and being held throughout the school year. The Regional Comprehensive Needs Assessment Workshops, sponsored by MASA, are an opportunity to better understand and build on your student data to drive positive student growth in your district.
Schools and districts work diligently to develop and implement programs that increase high student academic results. Too often, however, results are not as intended. Effective school improvement planning and evaluation can mark the difference between intentional and unintentional results. Common language embedded in ESSA is the need for plans to be developed “based upon Comprehensive Needs Assessment” (CNA) findings. Attendees will participate in learning, planning, and action sessions featuring tips to help school improvement teams find success in their school improvement process and the resources used for ease of getting started through completion of their CNA to avoid the hurry up push in June.
These sessions are intended for school improvement leaders from the school level to the district administration.
Sessions will cover:
- Comprehensive Needs Assessment
- Comprehensive Needs Assessment Examples
- Organize Your Comprehensive Needs Assessment Process
- What and Who – Collection of Data
- Where – Storage of Data
- Team Work Time
- Four Types of Data
These 3-part workshops will be held fall, winter and spring at locations in both upper and lower Michigan.
Lower Michigan Location Details:
- Facilitator: Sara Shriver – contact her at 989-620-5899 or MASA at 517-327-5910 for more information
- When: 8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. November 28, 2017, February 12, 2018 and April 23, 2018
- Where: Crowne Plaza Hotel, 925 Creyts Road, Lansing, MI 48917
- Registration fee: $500 per person for all three session days
Upper Michigan Location Details TBD