Due to high demand, MASA is adding a new session of Navigate Leadership that will kick off in January. If you missed your chance to register for earlier sessions of this program offered through MASA’s Horizon Leadership Academy, now is your chance!
This MDE-approved program gives participants the opportunity to follow two routes to earn the credentials they need to excel and grow on the job:
- A Central Office Endorsement or a Central Office Enhancement on a current Administrator Certificate
- An Administrator Certificate with a Central Office Endorsement
Navigate Leadership focuses on strengthening leadership skills and strategies for school leaders. Tailored for the unique needs of an aspiring superintendent or central office administrator, you will utilize job-embedded opportunities to practice what you learn, as well as experience growth in your practice working with peers. The program curriculum is based on scaffolded learning in four areas:
- Situational leadership
- Values and beliefs
- Strategic action around student learning and achievement.
Participants will engage in learning and skill development during all sessions. Topics include:
- Leadership – How do I lead?
- The role and work of the superintendent and central office leaders
- The impact of values and beliefs on an individual and an organization
- A fact-finding and strategic action planning process to identify system strengths and barriers around student learning and achievement
The session dates are scheduled for:
- January 17-18: MAIA, 1141 Centennial Way, Lansing, MI 48917
- March 1-2: MHSAA Building, 1661 Ramblewood Drive, East Lansing, MI 48823
- May 23-24: Michigan Education Leadership Group Building, 1001 Centennial Way, Lansing, MI 48917
- June 21-22: MHSAA Building, 1661 Ramblewood Drive, East Lansing, MI 48823
- Two additional dates will be scheduled for August or September
For more information, contact Tina Kerr at email@example.com or call (517) 327-5910.Register Today!