MASA is holding a special one-day drive-in conference on May 7 for central office administrators – directors of curriculum development, human resources, finance management, special education and more: “Building a Strong Central Office Team.”
This daylong workshop was created for administrative team members who play a critical role in the success of the district. Participants will come to understand their own communication patterns and style characteristics and how to acknowledge and accommodate those of their team members. They will also discover strategies for identifying motivations and skill strengths and needs among those whom they supervise.
Topics covered include:
- Assessing your personal characteristics to gain a better understanding of your own personality type
- Learning to structure conversations with school leaders to effect positive change
- Learning to provide honest and respectful feedback to school leaders
- Understanding the will/skill continuum to identify the needs of school leaders
- Planning for and managing conversations that ensure professional growth
- Developing leadership plans for consistently providing targeted feedback
- When: May 7, from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Where: MELG Building, 1001 Centennial Way, Lansing, MI 48917
- Cost: $175