Elevate: Excel on the Job!
A conference for executive assistants and administrative assistants who work at the ISD, district or building level. Presented by the Michigan Association of Superintendents & Administrators and the Michigan Association of Secondary School Principals
Executive assistants and administrative professionals are indispensable in a school district. They make vital contributions to the organization at all levels as troubleshooters and problem-solvers, and often are the go-to people supporting school leaders. Additionally, great assistants proactively look for ways to improve their skills and excel on the job. Learn more.
Elevate, a new and innovative professional development conference for executive and administrative assistants, will tackle the current and future school environment, where individuals in this role face more high-end and increasingly complex duties. Keynote presentations and breakout sessions will help attendees gain understanding, build skills and learn techniques to support district leaders and their efforts to help every student succeed, as they network with peers from across the state.
- “Identifying Human Trafficking,” a powerful presentation from survivor and author Theresa Flores
- “School Law 101 for the Frontline,” featuring Jennifer Starlin of Thrun Law Firm
- Listening and Communication Skills
- People/Interpersonal Skills
- Organizational Skills
- Computer/Technology Skills
Preconference: Focus on HR and Tech Tools
This event will feature a preconference on Nov. 1 offering a human resources track and a tech track. Each track will consist of three sessions that give attendees the opportunity to go in-depth on HR issues they frequently deal with and technology tools that are frequently used on the job.
- When: Nov. 1-2, 2018
- Where: East Lansing Marriott at University Place, 300 M.A.C. Avenue, East Lansing, MI 48823
- Cost: $350 per participant; $225 for the conference and $125 for the preconference. MASA executive assistant members receive a discounted registration when using the promo code ELEVATE18. Not yet a member? Learn more here.
A block of rooms has been reserved at the East Lansing Marriott at University Place with an overnight rate of $160 per night. To reserve a room, call 800-228-9290 or 517-337-4440 and ask for the “Executive Assistant Conference” block. The deadline to reserve a room in this block is October 10. Overnight guest parking is $13 per night for self park and $26 per night for valet. Conference parking is a maximum of $15 per day for those not staying at the Marriott.Register