MASA Ed Talks are back at the 2020 Midwinter Conference, on Thursday, January 23! MASA members are encouraged to apply to speak on the conference theme, “Beyond the Classroom – Educating the Whole Child.”
Here are the details:
- There will be four Ed Talks
- Each Ed Talk should be approximately 15 minutes
- PowerPoints of two-three slides can be used
- Ed Talks can be presented by individuals or teams
- The audience will have access to the Slido app and will be asked to submit questions during the presentation
- Executive Director Chris Wigent will join you on the stage to ask those questions after your presentation
- A short “table talk” will take place after each presentation
Ed Talks should be focused on best practices in one of these focus areas: Student mental health/trauma, school safety, and wraparound supports.
It is our hope that what is presented has been successful in your district, and is replicable in other school districts.
Ed Talk applications are due by 5 p.m. on Friday, December 13. Winners will be notified on or before Wednesday, December 18. If you have already submitted an RFP for a learning session and want that to serve as your Ed Talk application, please let us know. Questions can be directed to Chris Wigent at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for your consideration in submitting an Ed Talk application for the 2020 MASA Midwinter Conference.
RFPs are now closed.