It feels like just yesterday we were hosting our first virtual conference with Fall Conference, and now it’s time again to host you on the interwebs. We hope you’ll join us next week, January 20 and 21, for two days all about you and your professional learning.
From our office to your screen – watch it live or save it for later. Registration is required to access all conference materials and session recordings.
We’ll have some self-care components, including a session on anchoring yourself, as well as the high-quality presenters you expect from MASA.
“I can’t wait to see our members next week,” said MASA Executive Director Dr. Tina Kerr. “This conference is the perfect opportunity for members to set aside some time just for them and their professional development. I know how hard it can be to fit these events on the calendar, but it is so important, and really is a form of self-care.”
Sessions will focus on a variety of topics, including:
- Knowing and Doing: 10 Essential Commitments Superintendents Can Make in Order to Support the Literacy Essentials in EVERY Classroom, EVERY Day
- Educating Through a Pandemic: COVID-19 and K-12 Public Education in Michigan
- Moving Your District from Good to Great with 3P Learning
- The Educational Equity Equation: Practical Strategies to Make Racial Justice Real in School Systems
- “Lost” students – how do we move forward?
- & More
The 2021 Midwinter Conference will also include a time for celebration and reflection. Because the first day of the conference falls on Inauguration Day, we will host an Inauguration watch party during the lunch break. Join your colleagues as we experience this historic moment.
The Midwinter Conference is also the time we honor our retiring superintendents and our colleagues who have passed away. We will also hear from the 2021 Superintendent of the Year Craig Carmoney, superintendent of Meridian Public Schools.
We’ll save you a (virtual) seat!Register