Invest in your professional development with the African-American Leadership Fellows Academy, created by MASA and MASSP.
Application deadline extended until October 15!
MASA and MASSP recognize the need to increase diversity in building- and district-level leadership positions in Michigan. We strive to ensure that African-Americans who aspire to lead have the preparation to succeed.
This fellows program is ideal for current building principals and central office administrators with a minimum of 5 years of successful leadership experience. Educators who complete the program will earn a Central Office Enhancement as well as a certificate of completion as a Leadership Fellow.
The first cohort is limited to 20 leaders selected from a statewide application process.
Throughout five two-day sessions, AALFA participants will focus on:
- The challenges of the application process for candidates of color in both urban and suburban settings
- Researching a district, finding your fit
- The importance of building relationships and networking
- Making connections with vendors and supporting your district needs
- Navigating a school board and building community relationships
- Developing your communication skills
- The development of resumes, cover letters, 100-day plans and interview preparation
- October 14-15, 2019 at the Grand Ledge Board of Education Building
- November 11-12, 2019at the Grand Ledge Board of Education Building
- January 27-28, 2020 at the MELG Building
- February 25-26, 2020 at the MELG Building
- April 14-15, 2020 at the MELG Building
Cost is $1,000Apply to be an AALFA Fellow
Brought to you by