Invest in your professional development with the African-American Leadership Fellows Academy, created by MASA and MASSP.
MASA and MASSP recognize the need to increase diversity in building- and district-level leadership positions in Michigan. We strive to ensure that African-Americans who aspire to lead have the preparation to succeed.
This fellows program is ideal for current building principals and central office administrators with a minimum of 5 years of successful leadership experience. Educators who complete the program will earn a Central Office Enhancement as well as a certificate of completion as a Leadership Fellow.
Throughout the sessions, AALFA participants will focus on:
- The challenges of the application process for candidates of color in both urban and suburban settings
- Researching a district, finding your fit
- The importance of building relationships and networking
- Making connections with vendors and supporting your district needs
- Navigating a school board and building community relationships
- Developing your communication skills
- The development of resumes, cover letters, 100-day plans and interview preparation
Details for AALFA Year 2
All sessions will be held at the MASA office
- November 12-13, 2020
- January 14-15, 2021
- February 25, 2021
Cost is $2,000Register for Year 2
Brought to you by