- About MASA
- Government Relations
- Member Toolbox
- Development Tools
- Induction Tools
- Support Tools
With the passage of a series of new laws in 2010 and 2011, Michigan lawmakers enacted a requirement that Michigan schools implement enhanced performance evaluation systems. Further, they required that schools use this system, at a minimum, to inform decisions regarding teacher effectiveness, promotion, retention, professional development and tenure.
In response, MASA has compiled the following resources to help answer your questions and assist you in designing and implementing a performance evaluation system.
- NEW! Educator Evaluation Updates for 2015
- NEW! Educator Evaluation at a Glance--Highlights district requirements under MCL 380.1249 UPDATED for 2014-15
- Final MCEE report released to Legislators (July 2013)
- School ADvance by MASA/Michigan ASCD recommended for administrator evaluation. Learn more...
- MASA/Michigan ASCD Assumptions and Framework for Educator Evaluation
- MASA/Michigan ASCD Testimony (12.7.11) before the Governor's Council on Educator Effectiveness
- Educator Evaluation FAQ--updated 10.28.11
- School ADvance evaluation system for administrators -- MASA, in collaboration with Michigan ASCD, has developed an evaluation system. Rubrics are now available for school principals and central office administrators, including superintenents. Training and Support available
- MASA Superintendent Evaluation Toolkit
If your district is making progress toward data-informed educator evaluations or compensation plans, consider sharing it here. Send to email@example.com.
Use the links at right to navigate through the resource categories
|Governor's Committee testimony-full version.pdf||117.59 KB|
|Assumptions-and-Framework_Educator Evaluation.pdf||118.13 KB|
|Educator Evaluation 2015 updates.pdf||400.8 KB|