Elevate: Excel on the Job!
A conference for executive assistants and administrative assistants who work at the ISD, district or building level. Presented by the Michigan Association of Superintendents & Administrators
Executive assistants and administrative professionals are indispensable in a school district. They make vital contributions to the organization at all levels as troubleshooters and problem-solvers, and often are the go-to people supporting school leaders. Additionally, great assistants proactively look for ways to improve their skills and excel on the job.
Elevate, an innovative professional development conference for executive and administrative assistants, will tackle the current and future school environment, where individuals in this role face more high-end and increasingly complex duties. Keynote presentations and breakout sessions will help attendees gain understanding, build skills and learn techniques to support district leaders and their efforts to help every student succeed, as they network with peers from across the state.
- “Creating a Cohesive Central Office: Communication from Central Office to Other Buildings in the District” – Carol Diglio, Consulting by Diglio
- “Managing the Schedule of a Busy Person” – Karen Carefoot, Office of the Superintendent, MDE
- “Crisis Communications” – Andrea Bitely, Senior Account Executive, Truscott Rossman
- “Working with your Legislator” – Athena Antonis, Government Relations and Policy Associate, MASA
- “What MASA Does for Superintendents” – Haley Jones, Marketing and Digital Media Specialist, MASA
MASA has a block of rooms available at the Kellogg Hotel and Conference Center. Standard Double and Standard Queen rooms are available at $125 per night. Reserve your room by October 14 by contacting the hotel and asking for the MASA room block.