Presented by MASA and Thrun Law Firm
As the national conversation about school safety and student protests continues in response to the Feb. 14 school shooting in Parkland, Fla., MASA is once again partnering with Thrun Law Firm to ensure district leaders have the information they need to effectively prepare and communicate about issues in their districts.
On March 20, MASA is bringing together experts from Thrun Law Firm, the Michigan State Police and GMB Architecture & Engineering for a daylong conference on School Safety & Student Protests.
Topics covered include:
- Student protests, including lessons learned from planned March 14 student walkouts
- Processing and evaluating threats
- School improvements to increase safety and security
- Financing security measures
- Student discipline and alternatives to discipline
- Navigating parent and media inquiries
- When: March 20, from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Where: Lansing Community College, West Campus, Auditorium, 5708 Cornerstone Drive, Lansing, MI 48917
- Cost: $175 per person
*Region 1 Members: Contact MASA Administrative Assistant Carrie Platner to register for this event.