Presented by Michigan Department of Education, MAISA, and GELN Early Literacy Task Force
This 4-day institute offers deeper learning around the K-3 Essential Instructional Practices in Early Literacy and are intended for individuals or district teams made up of Literacy Coaches, Lead Teachers, Special Education Directors, English Learner Practitioners and Leaders, Building Administrators, Curriculum Directors, and Superintendents. Teams will be provided the content and resources needed to lead literacy work and professional learning around the Essentials in their regions.
There are two dates scheduled for the K-3 Essential Instructional Practices In Early Literacy Institutes: August 6-9 in Novi and September 24-27 in Grand Rapids.
The Essential Instructional Practices in Early Literacy, K-3 can be found at literacyessentials.org
Details for September 24-27
- Registration to attend this event in Grand Rapids is closed. Please see available remote locations below.
- When: September 24-27, 2018, from 8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
- Where: Noto’s Old World, 6600 28th Street, Grand Rapids, MI 49546
- Cost: $120 per person (Note: Districts should consider using Title I, Part A, Title II, Part A or Section 31a for substitute costs, stipends for educators attending as well as 35a Additional Instructional Time Grant)
- Overnight accommodations: The room block at the Crowne Plaza Grand Rapids Airport is sold out.
Remote Locations Available
An optional remote location will be hosted at the below locations for participants who want to attend closer to their districts.
- Marquette Alger
- Menominee ISD
- Cheboygan-Otsego-Presque Isle ESD
- Sanilac ISD
- Eastern UP ISD
- COOR ISD