Learn, Share & Discover
2019 Michigan School Testing Conference
February 12-14, 2019 | Sheraton Ann Arbor Hotel
One full-day and five half-day workshops are being offered during a pre-conference on February 12. These workshops deal with a variety of assessment issues that require “hands-on” experience and demand more than the 75 minutes available in the conference clinic sessions. Registration for these workshops is separate from registration for the conference itself. Meals are included in the workshop registration fees. Extensive materials are provided for workshop participants. SCECH credits are available for each workshop attended.
This year’s conference will feature four plenary sessions focusing on early literacy development, Michigan’s state assessment components, English language acquisition, and disciplinary literacy, plus 36 clinic sessions on a variety of assessment issues and topics.
SCECH credits are available for each workshop and session you attend during the Michigan School Testing Conference.
- Early Literacy Development in Children Age 3 to Grade 3, Nell K. Duke, Professor, University of Michigan School of Education
- What’s Next with Michigan’s Assessments!?, Andy Middlestead, Director, MDE Office of Educational Assessment & Accountability
- New Perspectives on English Language Acquisition: Enhancing Opportunities for Language Development in Subject-Matter Classrooms, Guadalupe Valdés, Ph.D., Bonnie Katz Tenenbaum Professor of Education, Stanford University
- Teaching and Assessing Disciplinary Literacy in Secondary Schools, Elizabeth Birr Moje, Dean, School of Education; George Herbert Mead Collegiate Professor of Education; and Arthur F. Thurnau Professor, University of Michigan
Overnight rooms are available for $119 a night at the Sheraton Ann Arbor Hotel, 3200 Boardwalk Drive, Ann Arbor, MI 48108. To book a room, call (734) 996-0600. Ask for the “MSTC” block of rooms when you call.
Online Reservations: Group rate for Michigan School Testing Conference
February 13-14, 2019
with a pre-conference on February 12
Registration opens at 8 a.m. on Tuesday; the conference adjourns at 4:15 p.m. on Thursday
Sheraton Ann Arbor Hotel
3200 Boardwalk Drive
Ann Arbor, MI 48108
Full-Day Workshop: $170
Half-Day Workshops: $100
Two-Day: $250 ($225)*
One-Day Fee: $170 ($145)*
* Register and pay by January 25, 2019, and save $25
Full-Time Student Fees
One-Day Fee: $50
Two-Day Fee: $100
Registration fees include breakfasts, breaks and lunches plus Reception on Wednesday afternoon.