New Superintendents Leadership Academy: Now Hiring!
Hiring and retaining the best employees for all students and learning community is one of the most important responsibilities of a school leader. Learn why it is critical to have clearly defined, district-wide processes for creating the master schedule, staffing, and recruiting that focuses on standard practices, shared responsibilities, and a laser-like focus on hiring the best people for the district. Identify essential stages needed for a comprehensive hiring process from identifying vacancies, to on-boarding, and everything in between.
Participants will discuss how to meet the needs of millennial candidates, the challenges with negotiating the hard-to-fill positions, and the key to retaining employees. This is an interactive workshop allowing participants to analyze and make improvements to their own current hiring practices.
Participants should come prepared with the district’s following documents (or access electronically) if available:
- The outline to the hiring process
- The hiring calendar
- A template and/or examples of job postings
- Examples of pre-screen interview questions, examples of final interview questions, and examples of interview performance tasks
- When: Feb. 19, 2019, from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Where: MASA Conference Room, 1001 Centennial Way, Lansing, MI 48917
- Cost: Members at $175 per person; Non-Members at $225 per person