School finance is complex and demanding, and being the leader of a public school district means it is essential to have a high-level understanding of how it all works. This session of the New Superintendents Leadership Academy digs deep into school finance and best practices.
Topics covered include:
- Budget Development
- Managing Employee Benefit Programs
- Finance Do’s and Don’ts
- Legal Update of Business and Finance Topics
- When: October 4, 2018, from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Where: MASA Conference Room, 1001 Centennial Way, Lansing, MI 48917
- Cost: Members at $175 per person; Non-Members at $225 per person
School Finance Essentials for Superintendent and Business Official Collaboration (pdf)
Donald Sovey, CPA, CFO, School and Municipal Advisory Services
Managing Your Employee Benefit Program (pdf)
Heather Menzies, SET SEG