Presented by MASA as part of the Horizon Leadership Academies
Spark Growth was created to support central office administrators – the directors of curriculum development, human resources, finance management, special education and more who play a critical role on every district’s leadership team. Our goal is to support the work of central office administrators, and help these leaders build their skills as they work to strengthen public education and ensure every student gets a high-quality education.
This workshop will address relationships and team building among administrative teams. Participants will come to understand their own communication patterns and style characteristics and how to acknowledge and accommodate those of their team members. They will also discover strategies for identifying motivations and skill strengths and needs among those whom they supervise.
Topics covered include:
- Assessing your personal characteristics to gain a better understanding of your own personality type
- Learning to structure conversations with school leaders to effect positive change
- Learning to provide honest and respectful feedback to school leaders
- Understanding the will/skill continuum to identify the needs of school leaders
- Planning for and managing conversations that ensure professional growth
- Developing leadership plans for consistently providing targeted feedback
- When: May 7, from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Where: MASA/MSBO Conference Room, 1001 Centennial Way, Lansing, MI 48917
- Cost: Get the early bird rate of $150 per person if you register by April 7; the cost increases to $175 per person after April