MASA’s Central Office Endorsement Program for the Leaders of Michigan’s Public Schools & Districts
The Horizon U.P. Leadership Academy focuses on strengthening leadership skills and strategies for superintendents, aspiring superintendents, central office administrators and building administrators. This MDE-approved program gives participants the opportunity to follow two routes to earn the credentials they need to excel and grow on the job:
- A Central Office Endorsement or a Central Office Enhancement on a current Administrator Certificate
- An Administrator Certificate with a Central Office Endorsement
Throughout your Horizon Leadership experience, you will utilize job-embedded opportunities to practice what you learn, as well as experience growth in your practice working with peers. The program curriculum is based on scaffolded learning in four areas:
- Situational leadership
- Values and beliefs
- Strategic action around student learning and achievement.
Participants will engage in learning and skill development during all sessions. Topics include:
- Leadership – How do I lead?
- The role and work of the superintendent and central office leaders
- The impact of values and beliefs on an individual and an organization
- A fact-finding and strategic action planning process to identify system strengths and barriers surrounding student learning and achievement
Participants who are not superintendents are required to submit a letter of authorization from their superintendent to participate in the Horizon U.P. Leadership Academy. Participants are required to complete Horizon U.P. Year 1 before they can register for Horizon U.P. Year 2.
Dates & locations for 2018-19 Horizon U.P.
All sessions are scheduled for 9 a.m. to 4 p.m., and will be held at Delta Schoolcraft ISD, 2525 3rd Avenue S., Escanaba.
Horizon U.P. Year 2
Participants are required to complete Horizon U.P. Year 1 before they can register for Horizon U.P. Year 2.
- October 11-12, 2018
- November 5-6, 2018
- December 7, 2018
Horizon U.P. Year 1
- MASA member: $2,000
- Non-member: $2,300
Horizon U.P. Year 2
- MASA member with Administrator Certificate: $3,000
- MASA member without Administrator Certificate: $4,000
- Non-member with Administrator Certificate: $3,300
- Non-member without Administrator Certificate: $4,300