- About MASA
- Government Relations
- Member Toolbox
- 90 Days to Success
- Administrator Certification
- Continuing Conversations
- Contract, Evaluation and Retirement Toolkit
- Courageous Journey
- Educator Evaluation Resource Center
- Executive Coaching and Mentoring
- Interim Administrator Services
- Media Library
- Newer Superintendent Services
- RDI & Mobile Device Toolbox
- Save Time and Money
- School Leadership Briefing
- Solutions Center
- Superintendent's Year
|E2T2 Digital Professional Learning Communities Final Report Presentation||80.97 KB|
|Lead Forward Final Report||414.69 KB|
|Lead Forward Action Areas||37 KB|
|E2T2 Council Report||38.5 KB|
|Lead Forward Workshop Fall 2009||717.75 KB|
|2012-13 Lead Forward Council Retreat||232.47 KB|
|Council Retreat 2012 LF Results.docx||40.1 KB|
|Why Public Schools.pdf||115.23 KB|
|MASA Lead Forward Executive Summary and Action Steps.pdf||348.57 KB|
|Lead Forward Council Presentation - 4/22/2013||156.74 KB|
MASA Council Lead Forward Project: Shaping a Compelling Vision
MASA's Council has set upon a mission to shape a vision for K-12 education in Michigan that responds to the needs of schools and students preparing for success in today's environment and tomorrow's future.
Review the study issue topics to the left for resources and materials or see below for other materials that support our collective efforts.
- PowerPoint: Executive Summary & Progress Report (2013)
- Lead Forward Report
- Lead Forward Executive Sumary and Action Steps
- Lead Forward Action Areas - December 2009
Related notes and reports
- Council Presentation - April 2013
- Council Retreat - August 2012
- Lead Forward Retreat Results 2012
- E2T2 Digital Professional Learning Communities Powerpoint Final Report
- Regarding E2T2 Report - December 2009
- Lead Forward Workshop - Fall Conference 2009
- Why Public Schools?--a tool to help shape district success stories and advocacy messaging.
Executive Board/Council Retreat Resources
An ounce of action is worth a ton of theory.
In order to insure informed and thoughtful conversations, please:
- Read/view ALL items marked with
- Read/view AT LEAST 2 others as time and interest allow.
America’s Perfect Storm: Three Forces Changing Our Nation’s Future
(ETS, January 2007)
Talking About Their Generations
(School Administrator, September 2005)
The Learning Environment in the 21st Century
(AACE/IJET, Vol. 6, No.3, 2000)
Phi Delta Kappan
November 2005; Volume 87, Number 3
This issue contains a number of high quality articles to help educators rethink education. Members can read the articles online at www.pdkintl.org/kappan/k_v87/k0511toc.htm.
Others can click on individual PDFs below.
- “Introduction: A New World View: Education in a Global Era”
by Sharon Lynn Kagan and Vivien Stewart
- “Global Early Care and Education: Challenges, Responses and Lessons"
by Michelle J. Neuman
- “Rethinking Education in the Global Era”
by Marcelo M. Suárez-Orozco
- “The Case for Universal Basic Education for the World's Poorest Boys and Girls”
by Gene B. Sperling
- "The New Enterprise Logic of Schools”
by Brian J. Caldwell
- “A World Transformed: How Other Countries Are Preparing Students for the Interconnected World of the 21st Century”
by Vivien Stewart
- "Conclusion: A New World View: Education in a Global Era"
by Vivien Stewart and Sharon Lynn Kagan
A Vision of Students Today
(Created by students in Michael Wesch’s class at Kansas StateUniversity. Dr. Wesch is a cultural anthropologist and media ecologist.)
Did You Know 2.0
Many have seen this video first created in 2006, but this has been updated and enhanced as of last year. Even though it is a year old, it is still powerful.
Simon Sinek: How Great Leaders Inspire Action
Simon Sinek's TedTalk that focuses on inspirational leadership, and asking the question "why?"
Audio Clips (Audio Journal archives)
NOTE:You will need your Audio Journal username and password to access this material. If you have questions, help is available at the site or by contacting James Cisek at firstname.lastname@example.org or 847.298.0511.
Ian Jukes: Digital Kids
October, 2007 (includes both audio interview and downloadable resources)
Daniel Pink: A Whole New Mind
March, 2007 (includes both audio interview and downloadable resources)
Tough Choices, Tough Times report
National Center on Education and the Economy, December 2006
A Broader, Bolder Approach to Education
Economic Policy Institute task force, June 2008
If you can recommend other good sources to post for our ongoing MASA Council dialogs, please forward to email@example.com and indicate that you are sending the source for our Council work. A few sentences describing the content would help others select the sources that most interest them or most inform the conversations they want to have.
We will build this space for our Council work adding Themes and Topic Headings as the work progresses and becomes more focused on specific issues throughout the upcoming year.
Thank You for taking the time to access these resources to insure a quality experience as we begin to undertake focused dialog about issues of common concern.
The only person who is educated is the one who has learned how to learn... and change.