MASA is partnering with the University of Washington Center for Educational Leadership to offer the MCOI to superintendents and central office leaders who have a passion for supporting principals in the area of instructional leadership.
The Michigan Central Office Initiative is a cohort-based program that allows you to learn side-by-side with colleagues from across the state to:
- Understand and begin to apply the current research and best practices for improving the performance of principals as instructional leaders
- Understand and be able to use tools and processes to work effectively with principals in one-on-one teaching and coaching relationships
- Develop the routines and structures of successful learning communities to support their work together
Who should attend?
- Central office teams made up of those who supervise principals
- Superintendents who do not have a central office team and supervise principals
- How to coach and provide feedback to principals to support improvement of instructional leadership practices
- How to use data to gather evidence of continual progress of student learning and teaching and leadership practices
- How to observe and provide strength-based support feedback to colleagues on problems of principal supervisor practice
The cohort meets for:
- 3 day-and-a-half sessions for all participants from across the state will be held at central locations
- 3 one-day sessions with regional cohorts
$2,600 for the entire program. SCECHs are available for your participation.
For more information on instructional leadership tools and research used in this program, please visit https://www.k-12leadership.org/district-leadership.