Registration is now open for the second session of the Michigan Central Office Initiative!
MASA is partnering with the University of Washington Center for Educational Leadership to once again offer the MCOI to superintendents and central office leaders who have a passion for supporting principals in the area of instructional leadership.REGISTER TODAY!
The Michigan Central Office Initiative is a cohort-based program that allows you to learn side-by-side with colleagues from across the state to:
- Understand and begin to apply the current research and best practices for improving the performance of principals as instructional leaders
- Understand and be able to use tools and processes to work effectively with principals in one-on-one teaching and coaching relationships
- Develop the routines and structures of successful learning communities to support their work together
Who should attend?
- Central office teams made up of those who supervise principals
- Superintendents who do not have a central office team and supervise principals
- How to coach and provide feedback to principals to support improvement of instructional leadership practices
- How to use data to gather evidence of continual progress of student learning and teaching and leadership practices
- How to observe and provide strength-based support feedback to colleagues on problems of principal supervisor practice
Program details for the 2017-18 school year
The 2017-18 session will kick off in October 2017, with the dates and locations of the meetings determined as a group by program participants.
- 3 day-and-a-half sessions for all participants from across the state will be held at central locations
- 3 one-day sessions with regional cohorts
$2,600 for the entire program. SCECHs are available for your participation.
For more information on instructional leadership tools and research used in this program, please visit https://www.k-12leadership.org/district-leadership.REGISTER TODAY!