Central Office Enhancement Program for Aspiring Superintendents & First-Line Administrators
This MDE-approved specialty central office enhancement program focuses on strengthening leadership skills and strategies. Tailored for the unique needs of an aspiring superintendent or first-line administrator, you will utilize job-embedded opportunities to practice what you learn, as well as experience growth in your practice working with peers. The program curriculum is based on scaffolded learning in four areas:
- Situational leadership
- Values and beliefs
- Strategic action around student learning and achievement.
Participants will engage in learning and skill development during all sessions. Topics include:
- Leadership – How do I lead?
- The role and work of the superintendent and central office leaders
- The impact of values and beliefs on an individual and an organization
- A fact-finding and strategic action planning process to identify system strengths and barriers around student learning and achievement
Upon completion of the program, MASA will submit a recommendation to the Michigan Department of Education for issuance of a Central Office Specialty Enhancement to be placed on the participant’s K-12 Administrator Certificate.
2017-18 Navigate Leadership Sessions
- September 27-28, 2017: MHSAA Building, 1661 Ramblewood Drive, East Lansing, MI 48823
- October 19-20, 2017: MHSAA Building, 1661 Ramblewood Drive, East Lansing, MI 48823
- November 1-2, 2017: MHSAA Building, 1661 Ramblewood Drive, East Lansing, MI 48823
- February 27-28, 2018: MHSAA Building, 1661 Ramblewood Drive, East Lansing, MI 48823
- May 8-9, 2018: Michigan Education Leadership Group Building, 1001 Centennial Way, Lansing, MI 48917
All sessions will be held from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- 1 year, with 10 full days (total of 60 hours) of learning
- SCECHs are available
- MASA members:
$2,000 for the full series
$2,300 for the full series
You must have a letter of recommendation from your superintendent to be admitted to the program. Please submit letter to Cindy Ruble email@example.com.
For more information, contact Cindy Ruble at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (517) 327-5910.
“Very well organized learning sessions exposed aspiring superintendents to multiple perspectives and approaches towards becoming a highly effective superintendent. This was a very comprehensive supes preparation program, which served to be valuable in my pursuit to become a superintendent.”
~ Daniel Gilbertson, new superintendent of Croswell-Lexington Community Schools