Professional learning for current superintendents
This MDE-approved specialty central office enhancement program focuses on strengthening leadership skills and strategies. Tailored for the unique needs of current superintendents, you will utilize job-embedded opportunities to practice what you learn, as well as experience growth in your practice working with peers. The program curriculum is based on scaffolded learning in four areas:
- Situational leadership
- Values and beliefs
- Strategic action around student learning and achievement.
Participants will engage in learning and skill development during all sessions. Topics include:
- Leadership – How do I lead?
- What does it mean to be a influential leader?
- The impact of values and beliefs on an individual and an organization
- A fact-finding and strategic action planning process to identify system strengths and barriers around student learning and achievement
Upon completion of the program, MASA will submit a recommendation to the Michigan Department of Education for issuance of a Central Office Specialty Enhancement to be placed on the participant’s K-12 Administrator Certificate.
2017-18 Sustain Excellence Sessions
- Dates and locations to be announced
- 1 year, with 10 full days (total of 60 hours) of learning
- SCECHs are available
- MASA members:
$2,000 for the full series
$2,300 for the full series
For more information, contact Cindy Ruble at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (517) 327-5910.
“As a new superintendent, the ability to learn and share experiences with other, more seasoned superintendents is amazing. The insight into leadership qualities also allows you to grow into a better leader for your district.”
~ Tom McKee, Whitefish Township Community Schools