- About MASA
- Government Relations
- Member Toolbox
- 90 Days to Success
- Administrator Certification
- Continuing Conversations
- Contract, Evaluation and Retirement Toolkit
- Courageous Journey
- Educator Evaluation Resource Center
- Executive Coaching and Mentoring
- Interim Administrator Services
- Media Library
- Newer Superintendent Services
- RDI & Mobile Device Toolbox
- Save Time and Money
- School Leadership Briefing
- Solutions Center
- Superintendent's Year
Michigan Action for Healthy Kids invites you to make a video to tell the world why your school is a 54321GO! School. Schools can win cash prizes for showing how their schools are healthy, cool schools that rock!
Deadline to submit your video is April 22, 2011. See the registration flyer for details.
54321GO! is simple! The message: to eat healthy and be physically active every day. We want to know how your school supports and encourages students and staff to follow the 54321GO! message:
- 5 - Eat more than 5 servings of fruits and vegetables a day. Does your cafeteria serve vegetables, real fruit smoothies, or an out-of-this-world salad bar?
- 4 - Drink 4 glasses of water a day. Does your school have water fountains everywhere and include water in the vending machines?
- 3 - Have 3 servings of low-fat or fat-free dairy a day. Does your cafeteria offer flavored skim or 1% milk, or low-fat cheese sticks?
- 2 - Spend less than 2 hours a day at a TV or computer. Does your school send home positive messages on reducing TV watching or video game playing?
- 1 - Take 1 full hour to get a runnin' and jumpin' a day. Does your PE Teacher teach a cool kickboxing or hip-hop class that gets all kids moving?
- GO! For a healthier you! Does your school promote classroom parties focused on physical activity that take the emphasis off of food and put it into fun?
The winning schools will be granted dollars to support the physical activity or nutrition school wellness program featured in the video.
- GRAND PRIZE = $1,500
- FIRST PRIZE = $1,000
- SECOND PRIZE = $500
WHO IS ELIGIBLE?
- This video contest is open to schools with students in grades K-12.
- Only one video submission allowed per school.
- Students may submit a video, but must have school staff approval and consent.