- About MASA
- Government Relations
- Member Toolbox
- 90 Days to Success
- Administrator Certification
- Continuing Conversations
- Contract, Evaluation and Retirement Toolkit
- Courageous Journey
- Educator Evaluation Resource Center
- Executive Coaching and Mentoring
- Interim Administrator Services
- Media Library
- Newer Superintendent Services
- RDI & Mobile Device Toolbox
- Save Time and Money
- School Leadership Briefing
- Solutions Center
- Superintendent's Year
|The Value of Administrators Handout||89.66 KB|
|The Value of Administrators Presentation||472.16 KB|
Recently, members requested that MASA create a tool that would communicate the value of administrators to boards of education, community members and staff. Specifically, they identified the need to:
- Explain the role and responsibilities of superintendents, central office administrators, and principals.
- Talk about the importance of these positions to effective school district functioning.
- Describe the hidden costs and pitfalls involved with downsizing administrative staff.
The Professional Leadership Committee accepted the challenge and generated a survey to all of our members. They compiled the results in a 'talking point' document and PowerPoint presentation. entitled "The Value of Administrators." These tools - together or separately - can be used or adapted to meet your district and community communication needs.