Join Us for the MASA 2022 Midwinter Conference
Grand Rapids, here we come!
Join us at the Amway Grand for several days of in-person professional learning focused on the theme “Accelerated Leadership – Moving Forward to a New Tomorrow.”
When: January 19-21, 2022
Where: Amway Grand, Grand Rapids
Book your hotel room at the Amway Grand by January 10 to receive the MASA room rate of $156. Reserve your room online. Rooms booked after Jan. 10 will not receive the reduced room rate and rooms are subject to availability.
Parking: Self Parking $29 per day; Valet $34 per day
Hotel Address: 187 Monroe Ave NW, Grand Rapids, MI 49503
COVID-19 Conference Policy
All MASA Midwinter Conference attendees are asked to adhere to the following in order to attend the event:
- Mask Requirement – Masks will be required at all times during conference events (other than eating and/or drinking). The Kent County Health Department recommends surgical or medical grade masks (i.e., KN95s or N95s), as they have been proven most effective against the spread of COVID-19. In the event that you forget a mask, or it breaks, MASA will have some extra masks available at the conference registration desk.
- Social Distancing – We are working with the Amway Grand to allow for as much social distancing as possible during conference events and sessions, including limiting capacity in rooms and at tables.
- Providing Proof of Vaccination or Negative Test – All registrants, special guests, presenters, strategic partners, etc. must provide proof of vaccination OR a negative test within 48 hours of the start of the conference on Wednesday, Jan. 19 (i.e., the test may not be completed sooner than Monday, Jan. 17). Documentation must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Participants who do not provide vaccination or testing verification will not be admitted into the conference.(We know that COVID-19 testing can be difficult to find in many areas of the state. A list of local testing sites is available on the Kent County Health Department’s website.
NOTE: All documentation received will remain confidential. However, if you are uncomfortable submitting your information you may provide your verification onsite in Grand Rapids. Please know this may prolong your registration check-in process slightly.
While MASA is taking all the precautions we can, we ask that conference participants please continue to do your due diligence to mitigate the risk of spreading COVID-19 to colleagues and staff both during the conference sessions and on your own time. Please do not attend the conference if you feel unwell or are experiencing any COVID-19 symptoms.
Featuring Keynote Speaker Mark Robinson
Mark is an award-winning magician, comedian, author, and speaker. An experienced corporate speaker, Mark has magically appeared cars and boats for corporate events, performed NBA halftime shows, appeared in tv commercials, and so much more. As a corporate speaker, he logs over a hundred flights a year bringing laughter and motivation to companies across America. He’ll help us to kick off the conference on a high note and add some fun to what has been a challenging school year.
Conference Agenda + Learning Sessions
Find everything you need in the MASA Events App.
Download the official mobile app for MASA Events and get instant access to the full conference schedule with a detailed description for every session, last-minute updates, and important notifications. A web version is available too.
Connect with other attendees and share your conference experience – and even rate sessions. Don’t forget to “enable notifications” so you’re in-the-know during the entire conference!
Search “MASA Events” in the Apple App Store and on Google Play. Once installed, choose “2022 MASA Midwinter Conference.”
Already have the app from a previous MASA event? Just open it up on your device and choose “2022 MASA Midwinter Conference” to load this year’s event.
MASA thanks SET SEG for generously sponsoring the events app!
Important Hotel Information
- Valet parking is not yet available to overnight guests but is available to evening restaurant guests. Overnight guests may utilize the motor lobby to drop off luggage; a doorman and bellman is available to assist.
- Self Parking is available in our ramp on Pearl Street adjacent to the hotel.
- Contact-free digital check-in and keyless entry with your mobile device is available via the Hilton Honors App; guests must be a Hilton Honors Member and download the app prior to arrival. If guests prefer standard in-person check-in, it is available.
- The hotel is offering hand sanitizer throughout all public and staff areas
- Meeting spaces are disinfected after each group and overnight
- The pool is closed at this time.
- The fitness center is open regular hours
- Room Service is no longer offered at the property, to-go orders may be placed for pick up at The Kitchen Counter
- GP Sports is permanently closed and we reopen in January 2022 as Woodrows
- Guest laundry is not available
- The hotel is happy to provide stayover housekeeping service, upon request only through the front desk.