Small district superintendents are invited to attend this event on November 25 and 26, 2019 in Mackinaw City that seeks to support and connect leaders in small districts who assume a number of roles and responsibilities within the district.
Sessions will cover:
- The Superintendent/Board Relationship
- Social Media to Promote Your District
- Facilitation Skills
- MMC Flexibility
- Twitter for Professional Learning
- The Strategic Plan Process
Cost is $300 per participant. Participants can earn more than 8 SCECHs.
Save the date and watch for more information coming soon!Register
Overnight Accommodations have been moved from Mackinaw Beach and Bay (phone 866-531-6521) to Hamilton Inn Select Beachfront (701 S. Huron Avenue, Mackinaw City, MI 49701 and phone 231-436-5005).
Handouts and Resources
- The Superintendent Board Relationship, Chris Wigent (MASA)
- EDPs, Internships, and Career Awareness, Wendy Zdeb (MASSP)
- Lunch & Learn: College Board Data, Wendy Zdeb (MASSP)
- Michigan Merit Curriculum & Personal Curriculum Flexibility, Ruth Anne Hodges (MDE)
- Social Media to Promote and Connect Your District, Wendy Zdeb (MASSP)
- College Level Examination Program (CLEP) – What is it, and How Does it Enhance Your College Credit Opportunities for Students, Jason Feig (The College Board)
- Leadership Activity and Values Handout, Dr. Tina Kerr (MASA)
- The Strategic Action Planning Process, Dr. Tina Kerr (MASA)
- For presentations from Steve Seward (MASSP), please email him at firstname.lastname@example.org
- School & District Improvement: Creating Systems for Continuous Improvement
- Coaching & Evaluation: Blurring the Lines for Employee Growth