The MASA Superintendent’s Calendar is one of our most talked-about member resources. For the 2020-21 school year, MASA staff worked with our education partners, including MDE and Thrun Law Firm, as well as educational leaders in the field, to re-evaluate the calendar and offer a more robust, complete resource to our members.
In these pages you will find a checklist of items that every superintendent must remember to do each year – from required trainings, to evaluations and goal setting, to professional development offered by MASA, MASB and MSBO.
This webpage will be regularly updated with highlights from the next checklist so make sure to bookmark it! Those highlights will also be sent to members via email. You can also print a copy of the checklist to keep at your desk. We encourage you to check back throughout the school year for updated information on events and trainings.Download the Calendar
July Checklist Preview
Here’s a sneak peek of what to expect in July:
- Central Office: Section 31a Program Report in MEGS+ (due July 15)
- Central Office: Days and Clock Hour Report (due July 31)
- Central Office: Get Board approval for District Improvement Plan, if not yet approved (due July 30)
- Central Office: MHSAA concussion requirements
- Finance: Do financial projections to determine borrowing needs and timeline (seek approval to borrow in August)
- Finance: Engage in district audit (July or August)
- Food: Prepare Free/Reduced Applications for dissemination and public notice
- Transportation: Prepare bus specifications
- Board: Adopt a Resolution to Borrow (due August 1)
- Other: Renew your MASA membership!
Upcoming Professional Development Opportunities
Don’t see something on the checklist that should be there? Let us know!