The MASA Superintendent’s Calendar is one of our most talked about member resources. For the 2019-20 school year, MASA staff worked with our education partners, including MDE and Thrun Law Firm, as well as educational leaders in the field, to re-evaluate the calendar and offer a more robust, complete resource to our members.
In these pages you will find a checklist of items that every superintendent must remember to do each year – from required trainings, to evaluations and goal setting, to professional development offered by MASA, MASB and MSBO.
This webpage will be regularly updated with highlights from the next checklist so make sure to bookmark it! Those highlights will also be sent to members via email. You can also print a copy of the checklist to keep at your desk. We encourage you to check back throughout the school year for updated information on events and trainings.Download the Calendar
Happy August! Below are some items from August’s to-do list:
- Central Office: Finalize and submit administrator annual evaluation goals
- Central Office: Establish administrative schedule for the year
- Central Office: Finalize a school district calendar to include:
- open house dates
- parent/student/teacher conference
- athletic/arts and school events
- vacation/break schedules
- Central Office: Update enrollment projections
- Central Office: Register for the MASA Fall Conference
- Board: Informal board update – continue discussions on superintendent goal-setting process
- Board: Engage in school board self-evaluation (if applicable)
- Finance: Pay Prior Year State Aid Note and Review Current Year State Aid Note (closes 8/20)
Looking to next month
September will be here soon! Take a look at what you can expect:
- Central Office: School Improvement Plan (SIP) (due 9/1)
- Central Office: Submit Special Education Report (SE 4096)
- Central Office: Review Emergency Operations Plan
- Finance: Set annual tax levy
- Finance: Plan for the audit report to board later in the fall
Don’t see something on the checklist that should be there? Let us know!