The MASA Superintendent’s Calendar is one of our most talked about member resources. For the 2019-20 school year, MASA staff worked with our education partners, including MDE and Thrun Law Firm, as well as educational leaders in the field, to re-evaluate the calendar and offer a more robust, complete resource to our members.
In these pages you will find a checklist of items that every superintendent must remember to do each year – from required trainings, to evaluations and goal setting, to professional development offered by MASA, MASB and MSBO.
This webpage will be regularly updated with highlights from the next checklist so make sure to bookmark it! Those highlights will also be sent to members via email. You can also print a copy of the checklist to keep at your desk. We encourage you to check back throughout the school year for updated information on events and trainings.Download the Calendar
Looking to next month
July Checklist Preview
July will be here soon! Here is a look at some items from July checklist:
- Central Office: Section 31a Program Report in MEGS+ (due 7/15)
- Central Office: Finalize School Calendar
- Central Office: Summer School Programming
- Finance: Close fiscal year books and prepare for audit
- Finance: Determine total State Equalized Value (SEV) and Taxable Value (TAV) for the district
- Food: Prepare Free/Reduced Applications for dissemination and public notice
- Transportation: Prepare bus specifications
- Transportation: Bids on bus fleet fuel
- Board: Organizational meeting in preparation for the next school year
- Board: Consider a summer retreat for team building and begin superintendent goal-setting, self-evaluation
Don’t see something on the checklist that should be there? Let us know!