The MASA Superintendent’s Calendar is one of our most talked about member resources. For the 2019-20 school year, MASA staff worked with our education partners, including MDE and Thrun Law Firm, as well as educational leaders in the field, to re-evaluate the calendar and offer a more robust, complete resource to our members.
In these pages you will find a checklist of items that every superintendent must remember to do each year – from required trainings, to evaluations and goal setting, to professional development offered by MASA, MASB and MSBO.
This webpage will be regularly updated with highlights from the next checklist so make sure to bookmark it! Those highlights will also be sent to members via email. You can also print a copy of the checklist to keep at your desk. We encourage you to check back throughout the school year for updated information on events and trainings.Download the Calendar
December Checklist Preview
We can’t believe December is almost here! Below are some items from the December to-do list:
- Central Office: Upload Registry of Education Personnel (REP) on CEPI (due 12/1)
- Central Office: Submit Title I Comparability Certification in MEGS+ (due 12/11)
- Central Office: Revisit guidelines on weather delays, coordinate weather communication chains, finalize procedures for snow days
- Transportation: Check plows on maintenance trucks and salt supply
- Board: Engage in new board member orientation (if applicable) in December or January
Professional Development in December/January
- December 6-7: MASB CBA Weekend
- December 13: Preparing for your Organizational Meeting Workshop
- January 22-24, 2020: MASA Midwinter Conference
Looking to next month
January and the new year will be here soon! Here is a look at some items from January’s checklist:
- Central Office: Submit Consolidated Application Budget Amendments if needed in MEGS+ (due 1/15)
- Central Office: Begin to think about administrator contract renewal and/or extensions
- Central Office: Attend the MASA Midwinter Conference
- Finance: Review budget and begin planning for the next year (budget parameters, budget adjustments, etc.)
- Board: Celebrate School Board Recognition Month
- Board: Draft a superintendent evaluation process and timeline
Don’t see something on the checklist that should be there? Let us know!