The MASA Superintendent’s Calendar is one of our most talked about member resources. For the 2019-20 school year, MASA staff worked with our education partners, including MDE and Thrun Law Firm, as well as educational leaders in the field, to re-evaluate the calendar and offer a more robust, complete resource to our members.
In these pages you will find a checklist of items that every superintendent must remember to do each year – from required trainings, to evaluations and goal setting, to professional development offered by MASA, MASB and MSBO.
This webpage will be regularly updated with highlights from the next checklist so make sure to bookmark it! Those highlights will also be sent to members via email. You can also print a copy of the checklist to keep at your desk. We encourage you to check back throughout the school year for updated information on events and trainings.Download the Calendar
Looking to next month
- Central Office: Draft a school calendar and clock hours for next school year – if applying for Labor Day Waiver, begin scheduling hearing with MDE
- Central Office: Begin to pull data and information for next year’s School of Choice (if applicable)
- Central Office: Renew Emergency Operations Plan
- Board: Informal Evaluation Update
- Board: Hold a budget workshop with Board
- Board: Act on non-renewal of employees
May Checklist Preview
- Central Office: Review Headlee Information and Timelines
- Central Office: Initiate Title I School Selection and Consolidated Application in MEGS+ (due 6/30)
- Central Office: Initiate District Improvement Plan in MEGS+
- Finance: Project annual cash flow to determine if borrowing is necessary
- Board: Approve ISD Budget
- Board: Adopt final superintendent evaluation recommendation
Don’t see something on the checklist that should be there? Let us know!