Registration is now open for the 2021-22 New Superintendents Leadership Academy!
Your first few years as a superintendent require enormous growth as a leader. The New Superintendents Leadership Academy was created to support superintendents who are new to the position, as well as superintendents who want to continue to grow and build new strengths in this tough but rewarding job.
The New Superintendents Leadership Academy offers nine in-depth sessions throughout the year to give you the skills and insight to excel as a superintendent. These sessions bring together experts who have one goal: Preparing you to succeed as a superintendent.
All MASA members who register for the full series will have a mentor coach throughout the year.
The day-long sessions focus on:
- August 12, 2021: Intro to NSLA/Leadership*
*Note: This session is open only to those who register for the full series
- September 21, 2021: Governance and Board Relations
- October 14, 2021: Personnel and Negotiations
- November 18, 2021: Finance and Funding
- January 6, 2022: Teaching and Learning
- February 10, 2022: Equity and Social Justice Leadership
- March 17, 2022: Policy, Law, and Legislation
- April 14, 2022: Communications and Media
- May 13, 2022: Leadership Revisited
*Location/delivery mode subject to change due to COVID-19 pandemic.
The cost for the 9-session series with a mentor coach is $2400 for MASA members and $2800 for non-members. Non-members do not receive a mentor coach. For those who want to focus their development on a specific area, full-day sessions cost $300 per session for MASA members and $350 for non-members. Half-day sessions (August and September) are $150 for members, $175 for non-members.Register
For more information, contact MASA Deputy Executive Director Dr. Sarena Shivers at email@example.com.