MASA’s governing bodies span 10 regions and consist of an Executive Board, the MASA Council, and three standing committees.
The Executive Board, composed of seven members elected from across the state, works closely with MASA leadership to oversee the daily operations of the organization.
- President: Andrew Brodie, Flat Rock Community Schools (Region 9)
- President-Elect: Angie McArthur, Eastern Upper Peninsula ISD (Region 1)
- Past President: Dr. Steve Matthews, Novi Community Schools (Region 9)
- Director: Dr. Brian Davis, Holland Public Schools (Region 3)
- Director: Dr. Glenn Maleyko, Dearborn Public Schools (Region 9)
- Director: Kathleen Xenakis-Makowski, Johannesburg-Lewiston Schools (Region 2)
- Director: Dr. Julie Helber, Chelsea School District (Region 8)
The MASA Council meets monthly and sets the general policies and goals of the association that drive the work of the MASA staff.
MASA maintains three standing committees that advise the Board and Council on major educational and organizational issues.
- Professional Growth & Leadership Committee 2020-21
- Conference Planning Committee 2020-21
- Government Relations & Policy Committee 2020-21
MASA has ten regions throughout Michigan, each with equal representation in the organization’s governance. Members in each region hold regular meetings, led by region presidents. Three members from each region are elected to serve on the statewide MASA Council.
Click to view the MASA Constitution