MASA’s governing bodies consist of an Executive Board, the MASA Council, three standing committees and 10 regions.
The Executive Board, composed of seven members elected from across the state, works closely with MASA leadership to oversee the daily operations of the organization.
The MASA Council meets monthly and sets the general policies and goals of the association that drive the work of the MASA staff.
MASA maintains three standing committees that advise the Board and Council on major educational and organizational issues.
MASA has ten regions throughout Michigan, each with equal representation in the organization’s governance. Members in each region hold regular meetings, led by region presidents. Three members from each region are elected to serve on the statewide MASA Council.
- President: Dr. Steve Matthews, Novi Community Schools
- President-Elect: Dr. Brian Metcalf, Grand Ledge Public Schools
- Past President: David Tebo, Hamilton Community Schools
- Director: Andrew Brodie, Flat Rock Community Schools
- Director: Dr. Brian Davis, Holland Public Schools
- Director: Dr. Glenn Maleyko, Dearborn Public Schools
- Director: Angie McArthur, Eastern Upper Peninsula ISD
Click to view the MASA Constitution